Monday, November 19, 2007

DIY Dry Erase Board for CHEAP!

Tony 'built' this dry erase board for me :-). Well, I *guess* I will share with the children... hahahahaha!

It's 4'x8'. Huge! It's on the only solid wall in the dining room... errr... school room. I guess instead of it being a dining room we use for school it is really a school room we use for dining since we school more hours a day than we eat!
The wall before...

Here are close ups of the corners. More details at the end.



Mounted with mirror clips.

Okay, here is the story. I had this hankering for a Huge dry erase board. Tony said 'sure' and looked at office store online. They were very spendy... like $200 plus. Umm... There has to be a better (read: cheaper) way! I remembered *vaguely* something from somewhere about making one so off we go to Home Depot. Tony bought a 4'x8' sheet of white tileboard. In a rack above the tileboard were the strips of edging (he cut the mitered edges with a tin snip) and he bought mirror clips in the 'nails and screws' area.

Tileboard $11.97

Caps 4 @ $2.49 each $9.96

1/4 in Mirror clips 3 @ $1.96 each $5.88

GRAND TOTAL (incl tax) $30.31

Woohoo!!! I am so happy!!! I think I'll go write something now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a HUGE savings! GO TONY!!!

Don't forget to clean it off regularly or it might stain permanently.

Love,
Charlotte