Thursday, September 20, 2007

Joseph Helps Make Brownies (recipe included)

Joseph loves to help make brownies... of course it's the Nancy's Famous Brownie recipe -- it's the only one that has the Lewis Children Stamp of Approval!

Now that you are hungry for brownies, I'll share the recipe!
Nancy's Famous Brownies (with a Lewis twist)
1 1/3 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
2 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 c oil (or butter... says Nancy... I always use oil)
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
and the Lewis twist:
1 c milk chocolate chips
Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl then add to dry (I never do that part, I just dump it all in and hit 'go' and then add the chocolate chips). Do not overmix. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.
Doubles well (we always double it and put it in an 11x15 pan). You can use no chocolate chips or you can use any kind of chips you have on hand. I have used peanut butter chips and that's yummy too! Nancy uses Andes mint chips for a different twist. Oh and I used peppermint chips once... you really can't go wrong with this recipe! Thanks Nancy!!!
Mmmmm.....

No comments: