Monday, February 1, 2010

The Bedroom Remodel Project ~ Day 2

Sunday afternoon we finished removing the closet walls.

Had to remove the chair rail and baseboards.  The chair rail was put up with huge long nails... ?
Destruction is so much fun!

The little boys (especially) had fun!





Done for today!  View from the boys dressing room looking south.
View from the girls room, looking north.
I wish we had some place to put stuff while we are working, but alas, we don't.  So we are just working around stuff the best we can.  When we get to the final painting, etc... we'll have to move everything out.  I can't even imagine... that will be fun!  Um, no one come to visit then, okay?  LOL

One room is paneling, one room is sheetrock... anyone have a any bright ideas as how to handle where they meet?  It's only on the one wall but still?...

13 comments:

Twila said...

Off the subject of remodeling.....I am joining you in your journey of walking 1000 minutes in a month!! Starting today.... :)I have a ticker on my blog.... http://danandtwilahenry.blogspot.com/

Dana Lewis said...

Woohoo!!!

Jennifer Bates said...

:) looks good! I love the peek-a-boo picture of Elija and the room is going to be AWESOME!!!!
....hey...did you read Susanna's blog?? :D :D if you didn't then do!

Renee said...

SO Exciting!!!!

Anonymous said...

Take down the paneling and put up sheet rock. ;)

I mean, if you're going to really do it "right" then I'd do it right now and not be thinking years from now how you should have taken down the paneling. ;)

Unknown said...

Ugh... no suggestions, other then they still sell paneling at Mennards. LOL But I would try to patch it with drywall some how.

I can't wait to see the finished project. Exciting.

Dana Lewis said...

Melissa,
In a perfect situation that's what we would do. We are working with a very small budget and that combined with time restraints makes replacing the paneling with sheetrock not possible right now. :)

I agree with you though -- it's a great idea!

Tawna said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see the end results! :-)

Anonymous said...

If its only one wall you are worried about, put a long piece of wood vertically down the wall where the sheet rock and panelling meet. Mark the wood with feet and inches like a yard stick (maybe some pictures), and turn it into a growth chart for the boys.
Canadamom from the Woodshed

Dana Lewis said...

Canadamom, what a fabulous idea!

The other problem is the ceiling...

Anonymous said...

A faux beam for the ceiling? lol. I'm out of ideas.

Lynne (Canadamom from the Woodshed).

Dana Lewis said...

Lynne, I think that's what we've decided. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I'm really loving these pics! Thanks for sharing!